This five-ingredient cake is in honor of my mom, who loves German Chocolate Cake above all else.
The gooey, caramel center in this cake makes it a decadent dessert.
Mom loves hers with a scoop of vanilla ice cream. Mother does know best!
German Chocolate Caramel Cake
- 1 German chocolate cake mix
- 1 bag caramels, unwrapped (about 50)
- 1/3 cup evaporated milk
- 1 (6-oz) package semisweet mini chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Make the cake according to the package instructions. Pour half the cake batter into a pan and bake for 20 minutes. Meanwhile, place the caramels and milk in a saucepan and cook on low heat until melted, stirring often.
- Sprinkle the baked cake with chocolate chips and pecans and cover with the warm caramel. Pour the remaining cake batter over the mixture and bake for another 10-15 minutes, or until the top cake layer is baked through. Let cool and serve with vanilla ice cream or whipped cream.
I love dessert recipes that only have a few ingredients. If that’s your kind of baking, be sure to check out my no bake cherry cheesecake and white chocolate key lime pie recipes! They’re both great for summer entertaining.
From my kitchen to yours,