The next time you’re craving a taste of spring, you’ll want to bake my lemon blueberry pound cake.
The cake is tender with notes of vanilla and lemon. It’s slightly sweet with that luscious lemon zing.
And when you add that bursting blueberry bite into the mix, it’s sure to help you reach food nirvana!
I love this recipe because it’s easy and it makes two loaves. The idea is that you can keep one for yourself while sharing the other. But if you stow that extra loaf into the freezer for yourself, your secret is safe with me!
This lemon blueberry pound is also one of my most popular recipes to date. I hope it becomes a favorite in your home too!
My Lemon Blueberry Pound Cake
Lemon Blueberry Pound Cake
- 1 cup butter
- 1-3/4 cups sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 tsp lemon extract
- 3/4 cup buttermilk
- 3 cups fresh blueberries
- 2-1/2 cups flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1-1/2 cups powdered sugar
- 1-2 Tbsp lemon juice (I like 2 but adjust to your taste)
- 1 Tbsp lemon zest
- 1 Tbsp milk
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Cream butter and sugar together in large mixing bowl until thoroughly combined. Add eggs one at a time, mixing in well before adding the next egg.
- In a separate bowl, combine dry ingredients. Alternately add dry ingredient mixture with buttermilk into the butter/sugar/egg mixture. Add extracts and then fold in the blueberries.
- Grease and flour two 8 inch loaf pans. Pour the batter in each and bake for about an hour, or until your toothpick comes out clean when pricked in the center.
- To make glaze, simply whisk the glaze ingredients together until smooth.
- If you drizzle glaze over loaves while still warm, the glaze will soak into the warm cake. If you like your glaze to stay on top of the cake, wait until loaves are cool to drizzle.
The last time I made this lemon blueberry pound cake I only had one 8-inch loaf pan on hand. So, I made one traditional loaf in addition to a round version in a 9-inch cake pan. I mean, does the shape really matter when you’re about to eat something that tastes so good?
This lemon blueberry pound cake recipe is also great in mini loaf pans. Plus, the whole recipe should make four loaves which means more to go around. What a treat for gift-giving… or when you’re practicing self control 🙂
If you enjoy blueberry recipes, be sure to check out my Grandmother’s Blueberry Cobbler recipe. I’ve made it so many times that I actually have the recipe memorized!
You can also take a look at my recently-updated kitchen essentials collection too! So whether it be gardening, farmhouse decor, or organizing, I have a few ideas to make your life a little easier (and prettier too!).
Let me know if you give the lemon blueberry pound cake recipe a try! I love your feedback and I’m always striving to make things better… for YOU!
Happy baking from my kitchen to yours,