It’s not that I dislike vegetables by any means. But if you place a cookie and a carrot next to one another, I’m reaching for the cookie!
Now, what if I told you that you could get all of those nutritional benefits of veggies in a sweet and tasty treat?
Related: The Best Quick and Easy Banana Bread
That’s exactly what you’ll get with my best homemade zucchini bread.
Zucchinis are packed with vitamins and minerals. They also include compounds called carotenoids which are good for your heart!
So by baking a couple of zucchinis into this bread, you can happily munch away knowing some extra health benefits are coming your way.
On top of these nutritious perks, this homemade zucchini bread is one of the tastiest breads I’ve tried. I found the recipe in my grandmother’s recipe box and I can’t believe I just now discovered it!
The texture is incredibly moist and by adding some walnuts, the bread has a little crunch, too.
Related: Refreshing Lemon-Poppy Seed Bread
It’s sweet enough to eat alone, but I find that topping it with butter and some honey is just heavenly!
I’m sure it would be great with a cream cheese spread or nut butter as well… but you’ll have to do some experimentation and let me know!
Here’s the recipe.
This classic zucchini bread recipe is amazing alone, or topped with butter, honey, or your favorite spread.
- 2 cups grated zucchini
- 3 cups all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 2 1/4 cups granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 3 eggs
- 3 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Grease two 8 x 4 loaf pans.
- In a bowl, sift flour, salt, baking soda, baking powder and cinnamon together.
- Add zucchini to a separate bowl or stand mixer. Slowly beat in eggs, vanilla, oil and sugar. After well combined, stir or beat in walnuts.
- Pour your batter evenly into two loaf pans. Bake for 40-60 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Let the bread cool in the pans on rack for 20 minutes. Remove the loaves from the pan, and let them cool completely/
Don't drain your zucchini ahead of time! The excess moisture is required when baking.
Let me know if you decide to make this tasty zucchini bread! The second I tried it, I was shocked at how amazing it was… I hope you feel the same!
From my kitchen to yours,
Did you know I have my own online shop? Check it out HERE!
And. But. However. Plus.