You can tell me you don’t like zucchini…but my zucchini chocolate chip cupcakes might change your mind! Did I mention they’re topped with cinnamon cream cheese frosting? You’re welcome. ENJOYABLE!
You can tell me you don’t like zucchini…but my zucchini chocolate chip cupcakes might change your mind! Did I mention they’re topped with cinnamon cream cheese frosting? You’re welcome.
- 1 3/4 cup all purpose flour
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 3/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup finely shredded zucchini
- 1 cup chocolate chips (milk or semisweet)
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- In a medium bowl, combine flour, cinnamon, baking soda, baking powder and salt together. Whisk these ingredients together so they are well blended. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine sugar and eggs and mix until smooth. Add in oil and vanilla and mix together.
- With mixer running on low, start to spoon flour mixture into wet mixture a little bit at a time, until all of the dry mixture in incorporated. The dough will be thick.
- Stir in the zucchini (the moisture from the zucchini will loosen up the dough into a more batter like consistency.) Add chocolate chips and stir until mixed in.
- Pour about 1/3 cup of the batter into each of the paper liners in the muffin tin.
- Bake about 25 minutes, or until tops are light brown and toothpick inserted in center of cupcake comes out clean.
- Cool completely before icing with cinnamon cream cheese frosting.
My zucchini chocolate chip cupcakes are topped with cinnamon cream cheese frosting. YUM!
- 1 (8 oz) brick of cream cheese, softened
- 1 stick unsalted butter, softened
- 4 cup powdered sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 tbsp cinnamon
- Sift the powdered sugar and cinnamon together. Set aside.
- In separate bowl, use mixer to cream and combine butter and cream cheese together until light and fluffy. Add vanilla and mix to combine.
- With mixer off, add sugar and cinnamon and on low, mix into cream cheese and butter until well combined. This is enough to frost 2-3 dozen cupcakes, or a 9×13 cake.