We’ve been carrying Southern Roots Sisters items in the Just Jill Shop for a while now, but this is my first time sharing one of Rachel’s recipes!
Rachel, the founder of Southern Roots, is kind enough to let you in on some of her tried and true treats.
And the absolute best part about her recipes is that they all use her DELICIOUS jams!
I thought these candied bacon-wrapped Little Smokies looked super simple and enjoyable.
Plus, if you make these for a summer party, you’re sure to be crowned the appetizer queen!
Take a look at the recipe below.
Candied Bacon Wrapped Little Smokies
Sweet and savory, the candied bacon wrapped around these Little Smokies makes for a top-notch appetizer you can serve at your next party!
- One package Little Smokies
- One package bacon with slices cut in half (do not use thick-cut bacon)
- Southern Roots Sisters Peach Pepper Jam
- Brown Sugar
- Preheat the oven to 350F. Begin to wrap 1/2 piece of bacon around one Little Smokie and place in a 9x13 in a baking dish all facing a uniform direction.
- Once your dish is full, scoop a little Southern Roots Sisters Peach Pepper Jam into a bowl and pop it in the microwave for about 10-15 seconds to thin it out (makes spreading it easier). Then, spread a thin layer of jam over the top of all the bacon in the baking dish.
- Sprinkle the tops of the bacon with a thin layer of brown sugar.
- Bake dish in the oven for approximately 1 hour at 350 until the bacon is done. Serve straight from the pan with toothpicks and enjoy!
Since these Little Smokies are so flavorful, you really don’t need any dipping sauce!
And here’s some more good news… right now, we’re including a FREE PEACH PEPPER JAM with every Southern Roots Purchase!! This is a limited-time Christmas in July special that ends on 7/31, so snag your set now!
These are great gifts for new homeowners, for teachers, or for someone needing a little pick-me-up when they’re down. I also won’t judge if you pick up both sets for yourself… I know I did!
From my kitchen to yours,