Now, THIS grasshopper cake is my kind of cake.
It’s the perfect blend of vanilla and chocolate. And I can’t forget the refreshing hint of mint throughout.
Best of all, it only calls for four ingredients… FOUR! Talk about an easy treat.
It’s also a crowd favorite so you’re sure to please everyone at your gathering. The real secret to this one is the fudge topping—not chocolate syrup—fudge! That simple ingredient makes this cake incredibly rich and unique.
But before I go into too much detail, I’ll let you take a look at the recipe yourself. Enjoy!
Now THIS is my kind of cake. It’s the perfect blend of vanilla and chocolate with a hint of mint. Best of all, it calls for four ingredients…FOUR!
- 1 box white cake mix
- 4 Tbsp crème de menthe liqueur, divided
- 1 jar hot fudge ice cream topping (NOT chocolate syrup)
- 1 (9-oz) tub cool whip
- Follow the cake box directions and preheat the oven.
- Grease and flour a 13″ x 9″ pan.
- Prepare the cake as directed, adding 2 Tbsp of crème de menthe to the batter.
- Bake the cake for the recommended time and then set it aside to cool.
- When completely cool, spread the hot fudge over the cake.
- Mix the remaining 2 Tbsp of crème de menthe with the cool whip, and then spread it over the fudge topping.
- Refrigerate for 4 hours before serving and store any leftovers in the fridge.
This recipe is rich, tasty, and great for the whole family. And the simplicity of it makes it one of those that you can make even when you’re in a hurry.
I hope you’re able to whip up this grasshopper cake recipe soon! It’s sure to brighten your spirits with just one bit.
From my kitchen to yours,
A a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a.