Enjoy my street corn salad with avocado and peanuts recipe!
Cook Time: 8 minutes
Total Time: 8 minutes
I love this Street Corn Salad with avocado and peanuts!
- 4 cups frozen or fresh corn kernels
- 1 1/2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1/3 cup chopped red onion
- 1/3 cup chopped cilantro (slightly packed)
- 1 1/2 medium avocados
- 2/3 cup Whitley’s hot jalapeño ranch peanuts
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 3 oz Cotija cheese, finely crumbled (feta works too)
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 jalapeño, seeded and minced
- 3 tablespoon mayonnaise
- 1 1/2 tablespoon lime juice
- Heat vegetable oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add corn, season with salt to taste then let cook, tossing occasionally (about every 2 minutes) until corn is browned all over. This should be about 7-8 minutes.
- Remove from heat and allow to cool slightly.
- Add corn to a medium bowl along with avocados, onions, cilantro, peanuts, jalapeño, garlic, Cotija, mayonnaise, lime juice and chili powder. Toss.
- Serve immediately with more chili powder to taste as desired. May also garnish top with extra cilantro and peanuts if desired.