So, you’re craving a rich dessert but don’t want it to make you feel overly stuffed and sluggish?
This is the dessert for you!
This scrumptious peanut butter pie is made with reduced-fat peanut butter and light Cool Whip—making it lower in calories and fat than a traditional peanut butter pie with similar ingredients!
But I know what you’re thinking… “healthier” desserts just don’t hit the spot like they should.
Well, this is where you should reconsider!
Related: Cream Cheese Peanut Butter Dip
Just one bite had me begging for more. With crunchy peanuts and crumbly crust, the creaminess of the filling gave me a perfectly balanced dessert that was even better than I expected.
You won't believe that this pie is light and low in fat... it's that rich and heavenly! Creamy and topped with crunchy peanuts, each bite is sure to bring you pure joy!
- 3 tablespoons reduced-fat crunchy peanut butter
- 1 (4-serving) package sugar free instant vanilla pudding mix
- 2/3 cup nonfat dry milk powder (I use Carnation)
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 1 (6-ounce) Keebler pie crust (you can use shortbread, graham cracker, chocolate... all are great!)
- 1/2 cup Cool Whip Lite
- 2 tablespoons (1/2-ounce) chopped dry-roasted peanuts
- Chocolate and caramel syrup to top (optional)
- In a medium bowl, combine the dry pudding mix, dry milk powder and water. Then, mix well using a whisk.
- Blend in the room-temperature peanut butter so that it's well combined. Pour the mixture into your preferred pie crust.
- Refrigerate the pie for at least 15 minutes, take it out, and spread the Cool Whip evenly over the set filling.
- When finished, sprinkle the chopped peanuts and any other desired syrups on top.
If you have regular peanut butter or regular Cool Whip, this recipe will still turn out well! The ingredients above make it lighter and lower in fat.
This Light and Easy Peanut Butter Pie is one of those desserts you can prepare last-minute, too. It’s no-bake meaning you never have to turn on your oven!
I like to top mine with peanuts, chocolate syrup and caramel syrup. But if you’re trying to go a more simple route, you can leave it just the way it is.
Creamy, rich and delectable!
I’ve been so excited to share this pie with you and I hope you enjoy it just as much as I do.
From my kitchen to yours,