I started to get into the fall mood far before fall arrived. But now that the season is in full swing, I’m all about fall!
Yes, the decor and fall planting is half of the fun. But the other fun is indulging in delicious, warm and fall-flavored recipes.
To celebrate the beginning of the season, I came up with a recipe that… dare I say it… may have become one of my most ENJOYABLE recipes of fall.
My Pumpkin Cream Cheese Swirl Cake!
You won't believe how simple it is to make this flavorful dessert for fall. Packed with pumpkin and swirled with a cream cheese ribbon, it's a treat you'll enjoy all season.
- 1 box cake mix (spice) WITHOUT extra ingredients like eggs and oil
- 1 15-ounce can pumpkin (not pumpkin pie mix)
Cream Cheese Filling
- 8 ounces cream cheese (room temperature)
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
For the cream cheese filling:
- In a separate bowl, combine the cream cheese, sugar and butter.
- Add the milk, cornstarch and vanilla to the mixture and mix well.
- Set aside.
For the cake:
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Prepare your bundt cake pan by spraying with nonstick baking spray.
- Mix together your cake mix and a can of pumpkin.
- Pour 1/2 the cake batter into your pan and set aside the rest of the batter.
- Take your cream cheese mixture and spread it on top of the cake batter you already poured in the pan. Then, layer the rest of the cake batter on top of the cream cheese mixture.
- Place the cake into the oven and bake for the recommended time listed on the cake mix box.
- Let cool, take the cake out of the pan, and sprinkle the top with powdered sugar. Serve and enjoy!
When making the cake batter, do NOT include the extra ingredients required on the box cake mix (eggs, water, oil, etc.). Only include the cake mix and the pumpkin!
I won’t lie… right after taking these photos, I snuck a slice for myself. But how could I help it?
I mean, look at that cream cheese swirl!
Since it’s packed with pumpkin, it actually has some pretty great nutritional benefits too. So I won’t judge if you want it for breakfast and dessert!
If you end up making this delicious fall cake, let me know! I hope it makes its way into your fall home and that YOU enjoy it as much as I do!
From my kitchen to yours,
Did you know I have my own online shop? Check it out HERE!