Need something for a meat and cheese board? Something for a gift of food? Or maybe just a salty treat for snacking at home?
Try these savory and spicy crackers.
Don’t let the “spicy” scare you too much. They have a hint of spice, but they won’t have you running for a glass of water.
Related: Delicious Snack Mixes I Love to Make
They’re also flavorful and super crunchy. But I’ll tell you ahead of time… they’re incredibly addicting!
(So, it’s best to make a couple of batches!)
Savory and Spicy Crackers
Cruncy and flavorful, these savory and spicy crackers pack a punch!
- 1 12-ounce box of cheddar crackers, like Cheez-Its
- 1 package dry Ranch dressing/dip mix
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- Preheat the oven to 250º F.
- Dump crackers into a 1-gallon resealable plastic bag.
- In a small bowl, mix oil, Ranch mix and other seasonings.
- Pour the mixture over the crackers in a bag. Close the bag and gently flip the bag so that the crackers become covered in seasoning. Remember... Cheez-Its are a bit more fragile than other crackers, so toss them GENTLY!
- When well-coated, spread the crackers on a baking sheet and bake them in the oven for 10 minutes. Let cool.
Minimize the red pepper flakes if you want them milder. Want more of a kick? Add 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper!
No matter the occasion, I hope these crackers become one of your go-to snacks!
From my kitchen to yours,