The holidays can get busy… to say the least. And if you need a super simple meal to make life a little easier, add these sheet pan chicken fajitas to your list of must-make recipes.
I’ve been making these fajitas for a while now. After all, my family will never (and I mean never) turn down Mexican food. I love that the recipe makes a lot, but that both the prep time and cook time are kept to a minimum.
Another perk? While these sheet pan chicken fajitas are meant to make just that, fajitas, you can use the meat and veggies to put together other delicious meals as well. From burrito bowls to quesadillas, to soup.
For now, I’ll just give you the basic recipe to get you started.
Sheet Pan Chicken Fajitas
- 1 1/2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts, sliced (against the grain) into 1/2-inch thick strips
- 1 yellow onion, thinly sliced
- 3 bell peppers (I used orange, yellow, and red) cut into strips
- 3 Tablespoons vegetable or canola oil
- 1 lime
- Flour tortillas (small or regular)
- Toppings (I like guacamole, salsa, sour cream, shredded cheese)
- 1 Tablespoon chili powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cumin
- 1 1/2 teaspoons paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano leaves
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper (optional)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Cut your peppers and onions and set aside in a bowl. Then, cut your kitchen into strips and add them to a larger bowl or bag (I prefer a bag).
- Preheat your oven to 425 degrees F.
- Combine all of your seasonings together in a small bowl and stir well to combine. Add the seasonings to the bag or bowl containing the chicken, and toss to coat the chicken.
- Lightly grease a large sheet pan with nonstick cooking spray. Spread the chicken evenly on the sheet pan. Follow by evenly spreading the pepper and onion mixture over top of the chicken.
- Finish by topping the chicken and veggies with salt and pepper to taste, and put the sheet pan in the oven for 15-20 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through.
- Remove the pan from the oven and squeeze fresh lime juice over he chicken and veggies. Serve in warm tortillas with toppings. Enjoy!
You can prep all ingredients ahead of time (WITHOUT BAKING) and seal the fajitas in a freezer-safe bag for 2-3 months. To serve, thaw overnight in the fridge and arrange on a sheet pan and bake as instructed.
I prepped and cooked this batch at the same time. But you can also slice your veggies and chicken ahead of time — storing them separately in the refrigerator. This is especially helpful when you have a lot on your plate and you can get some of the busy week ahead of time!
Want to add some other easy meals to your collection? Find some of my favorites below:
Try these sheet pan chicken fajitas and let me know what you think… so easy and so tasty!
From my kitchen to yours,
Did you know I have my own online shop? Check it out HERE!