You are going to love this easy chicken tetrazzini casserole!
I’ve been making this meal for almost 35 years.
When I was out on my own after college, this was my go-to recipe when I wanted to invite friends over for a homemade dinner.
It is easy to make, doesn’t use a lot of expensive ingredients, and truth be told, it makes a lot, so I always had leftovers for another meal.
If you want to make this recipe even easier, feel free to use a store-bought rotisserie chicken.
I usually like to serve this with tossed salad, some steamed broccoli and a loaf of crusty bread.
I can’t wait for you to try this easy and delicious recipe!
This creamy casserole is comfort food at its best. A family favorite in our house and an easy recipe to count on when you're entertaining.
- 12 oz. spaghetti, cooked
- 1/4 c. butter
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms
- 1 c. diced celery
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1/4 c. flour
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. poultry seasoning
- 1/4 tsp. pepper
- 2 c. chicken broth
- 1/2 c. whipping cream
- 3 1/2 c. cooked chicken
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Cook spaghetti according to pkg. directions, set aside.
- Using a large skillet, saute mushrooms, onion and celery in butter over medium heat until veggies are tender.
- Add flour and seasonings. Stir well.
- Cook 1 minute, stirring constantly.
- Gradually add broth. Cook over medium heat until thick and bubbly.
- Reduce heat. Add cream and stir until smooth. Add chicken. Remove from heat.
- Butter a 13x9 casserole dish (or 3-4 quart baker).
- Add 1/2 the spaghetti to dish Spoon 1/2 of the chicken mixture on top of spaghetti. Repeat.
- Bake for 20 minutes.
- Top casserole with cheese. Bake for an additional 5 minutes.
Keep this tetrazzini casserole handy around the holidays too!
It’s the perfect dish to use with your leftover Thanksgiving turkey.
And if casseroles are your “thing”, you may also want to check out My Grandma Metzger’s Best Ever Casserole recipe.
Chicken, rice, broccoli, cheese…and a little surprise that adds the perfect crunch!
You can check out this yummy recipe HERE: Grandma Metzger’s Best Casserole
I can’t wait to hear how you like my tetrazzini recipe.
Whether you’re looking for one of those cook once and eat twice recipes, or you’re in a dinner rut, I know this tasty recipe will make for a delicious meal.
Do you know what I’m going to say next about this recipe?
From my kitchen to yours,