I don’t make Thai food often, but when I do I try to make it flavorful and unique!
That’s why I add crunchy nuts to my refreshing cucumber salad.
While the recipe didn’t originally call for peanuts, I don’t think I could make this cucumber salad without them now that I’ve tried it!
Related: 5 Summer Salads To Make This Season
You can either go with the original Virginia peanuts or peanuts that feature a unique taste.
In the Just Jill Shop, we have some sampler packs from Pear’s Snacks. The Honey Roasted Chipotle or the Red Chili Queso in the “Jill’s Favorites” pack would be delicious on this salad. The “Sweet and Savory” pack includes Memphis Style BBQ and Everything Bagel that would also taste delicious…
The way you top off this salad is up to you!
I don’t make Thai food often, but when I do I try to make it flavorful and unique.
- 1/2 red onion, very thinly sliced
- 2 large English cucumbers, halved lengthwise, seeded and sliced crosswise 1/2-inch thick
- 1/3 cup packed chopped fresh cilantro
- 1/2 cup salted peanuts (I loved using Whitley’s Thai Sweet Chile seasoned peanuts)
- 1 large jalapeño pepper, seeded and minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt (optional)
- 1/4 cup lime juice (fresh is best, but bottled works)
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 1/2 tablespoons fish sauce
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- Place onions in a small bowl of cold water. Let sit for 10 minutes, then drain well and dry with a paper towel. This helps to cut the pungent bite of the red onion.
- In a large bowl, combine the drained red onions, cucumbers, cilantro, peanuts and jalapeño pepper. Set aside.
- Make the dressing by combining the lime juice, oil, fish sauce, sugar and garlic in a small bowl and whisk until the sugar dissolves.
- Pour the dressing over the salad just before serving and toss to combine. Taste and add salt if necessary.
So, how does this cucumber salad sound to you? I’m sure the recipe won’t disappoint…
Between the crunch and the incredible flavor, it makes for a delicious meal that will only leave you wanting more.
And with this summer heat, it makes the perfect side for a refreshing meal with the family.
From my kitchen to yours,
A. But. A. But. A. But. A. But. A. But. A. But. A. But. A. But. A. But. A. But. A. But. A. But. A. But. A. But. A. But. A. But. A. But. A. But. A. But. A. But. A. But. A. But. A. But. A. But. A. But. A. But.