I’ve been making this savory crackers recipe for over 30 years.
I love crunchy and salty snacks, and this is one of those flavorful combinations that keeps me reaching for more!
Take a look at how easy these savory ranch crackers are to make!
I’ll often use these savory crackers on a charcuterie board. The spices and crunch are a perfect compliment to meats and cheeses.
These crackers are also good with some plain, unsalted peanuts mixed in too. It makes for more of a “pub style” mix and is great for entertaining.
Because these savory crackers are always well received, they make a wonderful gift of food too. Be sure to put them in a cute jar with a recipe card attached. An easy effort to turn this zesty snack into a thoughtful gift!
I’ve been making this savory crackers recipe for over 30 years. I love crunchy and salty snacks, and this is one of those flavorful combinations that keeps me reaching for more!
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 packet Ranch seasoning (for dressing or dip, doesn’t matter)
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp dried dill
- 1/4 tsp lemon pepper seasoning
- 2 cups oyster crackers
- Preheat oven to 250°.
- In a small bowl, add oil and all seasonings. Stir mixture together.
- Place oyster crackers in a 1 gallon sized bag and pour spice mixture over crackers.
- Seal the bag and lightly toss until crackers are covered and there is no spice mixture globbed onto the sides of the bag.
- Spread evenly on cookie sheet and bake for about 20 minutes until slightly golden. Let cool before serving.
Here’s a little tip if you want to kick up the savory in these crackers with a little heat. Add a sprinkle or two of red pepper flakes or a dash or cayenne pepper. I tend to love hot and spicy, and it works with this recipe really well! Just remember to start small with your heat additions so that you don’t go overboard!
I hope you enjoy making, gifting and eating these savory ranch crackers! They’re so simple, but they’re so good!
From my kitchen to yours,