I’m really proud of the recipes I share with all of you. But this….THIS is one of my pride and joys. I really do think it’s one of the best cookie recipes I’ve ever made. I perfected this back in high school, when my friends and I would go home at lunch, bake a batch of cookies, and return to 5th period with a plate of warm, homemade cookies. Needless to say, we were very popular! I think the difference is using a little more dark brown sugar than white sugar, and a little extra vanilla. If you’re a cookie monster….get ready to grab your glass of milk and ENJOY!!
Best Ever Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipe
- 1 lb softened butter or margarine
- 2 cups dark brown sugar
- 1-1/2 cups white sugar
- 3 eggs
- 2 Tbsp vanilla
- 6 cups flour
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1-1/2 tsp baking soda
- 4 cups chocolate chips
- 2 cups chopped nuts (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Cream the butter/margarine, dark sugar, and white sugar together with a stand mixer.
- Mix in the eggs and vanilla. Sift the dry ingredients together and add to the wet ingredients. (This mixture might be sticky and dry.) Add the chocolate chips and the nuts, if desired.
- Using an ice cream scoop, drop small scoops of batter onto the prepared cookie sheets. Bake for 8–10 minutes. Allow the cookies to cool for 5 minutes. Don’t over bake these….they’re better if you bake them just until they’re baked through.