If you’re looking for a simple and flavorful dessert, I have just the recipe for you. It’s my Easy No-Bake Cherry Cheesecake Dessert and I can almost be sure you’ll want to devour the whole thing!
I like the recipe for many reasons. First and foremost, it reminds me of my Grandma Metzger. This was her go-to recipe when she needed to make a last-minute dessert. Made with simple ingredients and ready in a jiffy? Of course, she loved it!
She brought it to family gatherings, saddle club meetings and church suppers. When her name was on the dessert list, everyone was thrilled.
I’m no different. I was always delighted (okay, ecstatic!) to see one sitting in the refrigerator, and now it’s one of my go-to recipes, too! It’s also my daughter Kylie’s number one dessert request (she’s known to eat leftovers of this for breakfast!).
I must say, even though I welcome this recipe when the weather is cold, nothing beats eating it under the summer sun. When backyard barbecues are in full swing, this dessert is the perfect after-meal treat!
I love this Easy No Bake Cherry Cheesecake Dessert for many reasons!
- 1 cup graham cracker crumbs*
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1/3 cup white sugar
- 1 (8 oz) package cream cheese, room temperature
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- Cherry pie filling
- Preheat the oven to 350°.
- To prepare the crust, mix the graham cracker crumbs, melted butter, and white sugar together and press it into an 11” x 7” pan or pie dish.
- Bake for about 8 minutes. (If you prefer, you can leave the crust unbaked and just chill it in the refrigerator before filling.)
- To prepare the filling, whip the heavy cream until it thickens and until small peaks form. (Don’t over-beat, or it will start to turn to butter!)
- In a separate bowl, cream the cream cheese and sugar. Fold in the heavy cream by hand.
- When fully incorporated, fold the mixture into the prepared graham cracker crust. Spread evenly and then top the pie with a can of cherry pie filling.
- Refrigerate overnight. (The longer you can refrigerate the pie before serving, the better it will taste!)
*You can also use a store bought graham cracker crust. I like the Keebler one that says it has 2 extra servings.
Remember, this No-Bake Cherry Cheesecake Dessert can be made two ways. You can quickly pop it in the oven to bake the crust, or you can leave the crust unbaked — just let it chill in the refrigerator for a while before filling.
It’s good either way… I promise! And no matter how you choose to whip it up, I’m sure you’ll love it!
From my kitchen to yours,