I love this Easy No Bake Cherry Cheesecake Dessert for many reasons. First and foremost, it reminds me of my Grandma Metzger. This was her go-to recipe for an easy dessert. She brought it to family gatherings, saddle club meetings, and church suppers. I always delighted in seeing one made in the refrigerator and it has now become a go-to recipe for me too. It’s my daughter Kylie’s number one dessert request (she is known to eat leftovers of this for breakfast!). This has also become a favorite of my in-laws at our family holiday meals. A perfect fit for anytime of year…especially in the summer when you don’t have to turn on the oven! And it works perfectly for a patriotic dessert too! I hope you find it, ENJOYABLE!
I love this Easy No Bake Cherry Cheesecake Dessert for many reasons!
- 1 cup graham cracker crumbs*
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1/3 cup white sugar
- 1 (8 oz) package cream cheese, room temperature
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- Cherry pie filling
- Preheat the oven to 350°.
- To prepare the crust, mix the graham cracker crumbs, melted butter, and white sugar together and press it into an 11” x 7” pan or pie dish.
- Bake for about 8 minutes. (If you prefer, you can leave the crust unbaked and just chill it in the refrigerator before filling.)
- To prepare the filling, whip the heavy cream until it thickens and until small peaks form. (Don’t over-beat, or it will start to turn to butter!)
- In a separate bowl, cream the cream cheese and sugar. Fold in the heavy cream by hand.
- When fully incorporated, fold the mixture into the prepared graham cracker crust. Spread evenly and then top the pie with a can of cherry pie filling.
- Refrigerate overnight. (The longer you can refrigerate the pie before serving, the better it will taste!)
*You can also use a store bought graham cracker crust. I like the Keebler one that says it has 2 extra servings.