Dinner parties, birthdays, celebrations, you name it. This Amazon Chocolate Cake is a winner for every occasion.
Take your classic chocolate cake and make it even richer, more velvety, and more delectable with every bite. That’s this cake. Not to say I wouldn’t sink my fork into a slice of any cake in front of me, but trust me when I say you’ll taste the difference with this one.
While you can dress this Amazon Chocolate Cake up with frosting, powdered sugar, or a scoop of vanilla ice cream, it’s the foundation that makes it utterly amazing. It’s chocolatey (VERY chocolatey), but not overly sugary like you’ll get with some store-bought cakes. And the moiste and tender crumb? Well… I’ll leave it to you to tell me what you think.
Here’s how you can make it at home.
Amazon Chocolate Cake
To put is simply, this is the ultimate chocolate cake.
- 6 cups flour
- 1 Tbsp baking soda
- 2 Tbsp vanilla
- 1/3 cup white vinegar
- 2 tsp salt
- 1-1/3 cup cocoa
- 1-1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 4 cups sugar
- 4 cups cold water
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Grease a 9" x 13" pan, two 9" x 2" pans, or a cupcake/muffin pan.
- Fit a stand mixer with the whisk attachment. Add the dry ingredients to the mixing bowl and blend on low speed. Add the wet ingredients and mix until just blended, then increase the speed to medium and mix for 2 minutes. Scrape down the sides of the bowl and beat on high for 1 minute or until lump-free.
- Bake for 30 minutes, or until a knife inserted into the center comes out clean.
Again, this is just the foundation of the cake. And to be completely honest, you don’t need any topping to make it enjoyable. But in the photos above, I just used a store-bought Duncan Hines whipped frosting. (you’d never know!)
I baked my cake in two 9-inch round pans and layered them. But if you go this route, you can also leave them as a single layer like I did in the picture below!
See? Perfect for Valentine’s Day or as a special way to say “I love you” to someone special. And all you have to do to make it is cut a heart out of paper, place it lightly on the cake, and sprinkle powdered sugar on top.
Don’t wait on trying this Amazon Chocolate Cake. It’s really a great recipe for any occasion. You may need to run to the store to grab some of the ingredients, but you may be surprised to see you already have quite a few in your home!
Looking for some other chocolate desserts? Here are my favs:
- Chocolate Lovers Pie
- Peppermint White Chocolate Cupcakes
- No-Bake Chocolate Lasagna Dessert
- German Chocolate Caramel Cake
- Fudgy Chocolate Sheet Cake
From my kitchen to yours,
Did you know I have my own online shop? Check it out HERE!