I’ll never forget the first time I tried Buffalo chicken dip. So creamy. So cheesy. So flavorful. SO GOOD! Let’s face it, one dip of a chip in that deliciousness, and you’re hooked! Unfortunately, with the off the chart taste is off the chart levels of fat and calories, which doesn’t always lend itself to a smart choice when you’re trying to be mindful about watching what you eat.
So, I was thrilled when a friend shared her recipe for a Buffalo Chicken Bake that was lighter than the traditional dip. I tweaked it a little too, and I think the end result is just perfect. It’s not quite as creamy in texture as the original recipes, but the flavor is there, and I love using it as a stuffing for mushrooms and green peppers more than I do a dip. But when I’ve served it as a dip, the reaction is always “this is awesome!” Everyone has a hard time believing it’s a “light” recipe.
The next time you’re stuck with what to make for dinner, or what to take to a party or a tailgate, I hope you’ll give this Easy and Lite Buffalo Chicken Bake a try. My video shows you how to make it and the recipe is listed below the video. I think you’ll find it… Enjoyable!
Buffalo Chicken Bake
I’ll never forget the first time I tried Buffalo chicken dip. So creamy. So cheesy. So flavorful. SO GOOD!
- 4 cooked boneless chicken breasts, shredded or chopped into small pieces
- 1/4 cup Frank's Hot Sauce
- 1/4 cup Frank's Wing sauce
- 1/2 cup Light Hidden Valley Ranch dressing
- 4 tbsp reduced fat cream cheese
- 1 cup 2% reduced fat cheddar cheese
- Blue cheese crumbles (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- In small sauce pan, heat sauces, ranch dressing and cream cheese over medium low heat until cream cheese is melted into sauces. Remove from heat.
- Put chicken into a separate mixing bowl.
- Pour sauce mixture over chicken. Mix until chicken is coated evenly.
- Place chicken mixture in baking dish (2-3Qt. in size or 11×8 works well). If using as stuffing for mushrooms or green peppers, do that here instead of putting into baking dish. Top mixture with cheddar cheese.
- Bake for about 20 minutes, or until cheese has melted.
- Garnish with blue cheese crumbles, if desired.
- Serve with chips for dipping or if making stuffed pepper wedges and mushrooms, use as appetizer or as a light dinner with a nice salad.