I never tire of making this sweet bunny cake. My mom made a cake like this for me for my first birthday. I guess it’s a sentimental thing, but I just get happy when I see this cake and have enjoyed making it many times with my kids. What I know for sure is its sweet look is hard to resist! Enjoy!
I never tire of making this sweet cake. What I know for sure is its sweet look is hard to resist! Enjoy!
- 1 white or yellow box cake mix
- 1 & 1/2 cups sugar
- 3 Tbsp light corn syrup
- 3 egg whites
- 1 & 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup water
- 3 cups shredded coconut
- Various jelly beans, licorice, candies
- Prepare cake as directed in two 8″ or 9″ round cake pans.
- Combine all icing ingredients, except vanilla, in a stainless steel bowl. Place bowl on top of a pot of boiling water. Beat well with electric mixer while the mixture cooks for 7 minutes. Mixture should stand in stiff peaks when the beaters are removed. Remove the bowl from boiling water, mix in the vanilla.
- After cakes have cooled, place one whole cake round on a serving tray or platter. From the second cake round, cut two convex-shaped ears from each side of the cake. Place on each side of the head for the ears. Use the remaining piece as the bowtie.
- Frost the entire cake, including the sides, with the icing. Pat the entire cake with coconut. Decorate the bunny face with jelly beans, licorice, and candy of your choice.