Eggs are a classic brunch item, but if you can change them up a bit it adds a whole new dimension to the meal!
Check out my Chili Cheese Egg Bake which includes two types of cheeses and diced, green chilis.
I’ve been making this recipe for years and I can’t tell you how easy it is. That’s why I choose to make it when I need a last-minute brunch or something to bring to a gathering.
Related: Simple and Healthy Baked Egg Bites
It requires under 10 ingredients and you probably already have a lot of them in your home or fridge!
Plus, it only requires 3 simple steps before you have a warm, flavorful egg bake in no time.
Chili Cheese Egg Bake
If you're looking for another egg recipe for breakfast, lunch or even dinner, this easy-to-make cheese bake has you covered. Made with regular household ingredients, it mixes classic with unique.
- Butter, for pan
- 10 eggs
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- Dash of salt
- 1/4 lb butter, melted and cooled
- 2 small cans green chilies, diced
- 1 pint cottage cheese
- 1 lb Monterey Jack cheese, shredded
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Butter a 13" x 9" pan. Beat the eggs in a large bowl with an electric hand mixer or stand mixer.
- Mix the flour, baking powder, and salt together in a separate bowl. Add the flour mixture into the egg mixture—a little bit at a time—until all incorporated. Add the melted butter. (Make sure it's cool, otherwise you'll cook the eggs.) Add in the remaining ingredients.
- Pour the mixture into a baking dish and bake for about 40 minutes, or until set and lightly browned. Allow the dish to cool for 10 minutes before serving.
I love to serve this with an assortment of sour cream, salsa, and guacamole. This also freezes well if you have leftovers.
Most classic brunch recipes are made exclusively for brunch.
But this chili cheese egg bake? I also like to turn it into an appetizer!
When I whip up a tray, I serve it with an assortment of sour cream, salsa, and guacamole. It adds a whole new twist to the recipe and it really brings out the cheesiness throughout.
Find similar articles here:
– The Best Egg Recipes For Your Next Meal
– Roasted Veggies and Ham Quiche (Using Leftovers!)
– At-Home Brunch Recipes for Easter
– Egg Salad 3 Ways
Did you know I have my own online shop? Check it out HERE!