If you have a good, basic quiche recipe, it can become an easy weeknight meal. Especially if you’re looking to use up your leftovers!
I recently took the core recipe for my Easy Cheesy Bacon Broccoli Quiche and turned it into a Roasted Veggie and Ham Quiche… it’s a winner!
I used up some leftovers from our Easter dinner and the result was delicious.
Here’s my simple how-to!
Once you have a good core recipe for a quiche, this becomes an easy weeknight meal, especially if you’re looking to use up your leftovers.
- 1 pie crust (frozen or homemade)
- 1/2 cup diced cooked ham
- 2-3 cups roasted veggies (I used roasted cauliflower and asparagus in mine)
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion or shallot
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 4 large eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 1/3 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella
- 1/2 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- In large frying pan, over medium heat, heat oil and saute onion for about 5 minutes. Add garlic, ham and veggies. Warm through. Assuming you’re using leftovers, these items are already cooked, so you’re just marrying the flavors together in the warmth.
- Add a little salt and pepper if needed.
- Remove from heat.
- If using a from scratch thawed pie crust, place in oven for about 8 minutes to slightly prebake. If using frozen, follow package directions for quiche and custard filling pies.
- In bowl, whisk together eggs, milk and parmesan cheese. Mix well. Season with salt and pepper.
- Once pie crust is ready, layer all of the mozzarella cheese and 1/2 of the cheddar cheese in the pie crust.
- Add veggies/ham mixture. Distribute evenly.
- Pour egg mixture over all and top with remaining cheese.
- Bake at 350° for 45 minutes to 1 hour. You want the top of the quiche to be golden brown and no liquid jiggling of the egg mixture.
- Remove from oven and allow about 10 minutes to cool before slicing. Store leftovers in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
Remember, your ingredients don’t need to be the exact same as mine. Get creative with it and add what you enjoy!
Want to check out some more brunch and breakfast recipes? Here are a few of my favorites:
- Easy and Delicious Low-Fat Blueberry Muffins
- Loaded Breakfast Casserole
- Banana and Peanut Butter Breakfast Cookies
- Busy Morning Cinnamon Crescents
- Chili Cheese Egg Bake
From my kitchen to yours,