This cheesy bacon broccoli quiche was born from necessity… I had nearly-expired eggs and leftover broccoli from another meal. Plus, I was burnt out on my regular night meals!
Then, I remembered how much I enjoyed Quiche Lorraine from my days as a little girl.
Related: Roasted Veggies and Ham Quiche
My family would go to the Marie Callender restaurant near my childhood home in California… such good memories!
Turns out, I had a frozen Marie Callender pie crust in the freezer. So, I decided to give my own version of a quiche recipe a try!
I knew it was a hit when my daughter, Kylie, looked at me and said, “Mom, you can make this for me anytime!”
It’s a great meal, a nice brunch item, and if you’re so inspired, double the recipe and make 2 (since the pie crusts usually come as a duo) and freeze the second.
This quiche is so handy to have on hand and I hope you enjoy it. Oh! And leftover Christmas ham is a great sub for the bacon… Enjoyable!
This recipe was born from necessity…I had eggs that were about to expire, leftover broccoli from another meal and I was burnt out on my regular night meals.
- 1 pie crust (frozen or homemade)
- 4 slices center cut bacon
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 3 cups fresh chopped broccoli
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion or shallots
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 4 large eggs
- 1 cup 2% milk
- 1/3 cup grated parmesan
- 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella
- 1/2 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Cook bacon in large frying pan until golden and crispy on both sides. Do not burn!
- Remove to paper towel lined plate and set aside.
- Remove most of the grease from the frying pan.
- Add olive oil to the pan over medium heat.
- Saute onions for a few minutes, then add garlic and broccoli and continue cooking until broccoli is slightly tender. Chop bacon and add to pan. Remove from heat.
- If using a from-scratch thawed pie crust, place in oven for about 8 minutes to slightly prebake. If using frozen, follow package directions for quiche and custard filling pies.
- In bowl, add eggs, milk and parmesan cheese to mixing bowl and whisk well to combine. Season with salt and pepper.
- Once pie crust is prebaked (or not with frozen) layer all of the mozzarella cheese and 1/2 of the cheddar cheese in the pie crust.
- Sprinkle the broccoli/bacon mixture over the cheese. Make sure to layer everything evenly.
- Pour egg mixture over the top and then top with remaining cheese.
- Bake at 350° for 45 minutes to an hour. You want the top of the quiche to be a slight golden brown and no liquid jiggling of the egg mixture.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool for 10 minutes before slicing. Store the leftovers in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
One thing that’s great about quiche, is that if you have a good base you can always change up the flavors!
And if you need some more recipe inspo, you can check out my roasted veggie and ham quiche recipe!
From my kitchen to yours,
Did you know I have my own online shop? Check it out HERE!