Simplicity meets deliciousness in this easy-to-make macaroni salad… great for summer parties, potlucks, tailgates or any casual gathering!
Though simple, this macaroni salad recipe really delivers on flavor. It also makes a big batch that can serve a large crowd.
The macaroni base acts as a simple foundation for all of the ingredients.
Crisp veggies… tangy dressing… hearty hard-boiled eggs that add an incredible creaminess to the dish. Trust me when I say it comes together quite nicely!
Take a look at how to make this crowd-pleasing macaroni salad below.
This simple-to-make macaroni salad is a great side dish for summer barbecues, football game tailgates and more!
- 2 cups uncooked elbow macaroni
- 1 cup diced red onion
- 3 large hard boiled eggs, chopped
- 3 stalks celery, chopped
- 1 cup diced red bell pepper
- 2 cups Miracle Whip or mayonnaise (I like Miracle Whip best...makes it creamier!)
- 3 tablespoons sweet pickle relish
- 3 tablespoons prepared yellow mustard
- 3/4 cup white sugar
- 2 1/4 teaspoons apple cider vinegar
- 3/4 teaspoon celery seed
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Bring a pot of lightly salted water to a boil and add elbow macaroni. Cook for 8 minutes, until al dente. Drain the pasta and set aside to cool. (do not rinse)
- In a large bowl, combine macaroni, onion, eggs, celery and red bell pepper.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the pickle relish, mustard, mayonnaise, white sugar, vinegar, salt and celery seed.
- Pour the dressing over the salad and lightly toss to coat.
- Cover and chill the macaroni salad for at least 1 hour before serving.
This macaroni salad is one of the best recipes to bring everyone together. It’s well-liked and it’s sure to satisfy anyone taking a bite!
Related: Easy Recipes for Your Summer Corn
I also love that it can be made up to three days in advance. Just be sure to store it in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
Try this macaroni salad and let me know what you think… I’m eager to hear your thoughts!
From my kitchen to yours,
Did you know I have my own online shop? Check it out HERE!