Once you know how to make a cheese ball, you’re ready for any occasion that calls for a quick and easy appetizer.
This easy party recipe is one I’ve come to rely on a lot.
I almost always have the ingredients on hand and it takes minimal effort to put it together.
Everyone seems to love it… and no one suspects it was a last-minute go-to!
Let’s Give This Cheese Ball Even More Flavor!
It’s a delicious appetizer recipe on its own.
But, it’s also a great basic when you want to kick it up a bit.
My favorite way to do that is by adding some ham and pineapple. A little sweet. A little smoky.
Here’s another idea-add cooked bacon and chopped jalapenos.
I’ve also added cooked chicken and used Frank’s Hot Sauce for a buffalo wings-inspired crowd-pleaser.
However you mix it up, I know you’ll love this easy recipe!
And be sure to check out my easy appetizer blog for more great party ideas!
This is an absolute party classic. What I love about this recipe is also how versatile it is.
Be sure to check out the notes below the recipe for tips on how to make this into a ham and pineapple cheeseball for a tropical twist!
- 2 8oz. packs cream cheese, room temperature ( I often use 1 regular and 1- 1/3 less fat).
- 2 cups shredded extra sharp cheddar cheese (*see note below)
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 2 tsp. worcestershire sauce
- 1 tsp. tabasco sauce
- 2 tsp. dried parsley flakes
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp. oregano
- 3/4 c. chopped pecans
- Place cream cheese in a mixing bowl. Using a hand or stand mixer, mix together until smooth.
- Add cheese, green onion, Worcestershire sauce, hot sauce, parsley, garlic powder, oregano and mix well to combine.
- Use a rubber spatula and scrape the sides of the bowl. Gather the mixture into one lump.
- Place cream cheese ball on a sheet of plastic wrap. Bring the sides of the wrap up to the top and use this to shape mixture into a ball. Twist the plastic wrap at the top so the wrap is secure around the ball and place into the refrigerator for at least 2 hours so that ball can become firm and flavors start to come together.
- Prior to serving, place chopped pecans on a plate. Remove cheeseball from refrigerator and unwrap. Place ball on plate and use your hands to press pecans into the cheeseball to completely cover.
- Serve, or rewrap cheeseball until ready to serve. Allow cheeseball to sit out for about 20 minutes before serving. I recommend using a small cheese knife or spreader with this as crackers will break if dipped into the ball.
*I know how convenient preshredded cheese is to have on hand. However, this recipe is really best if you buy an 8 oz. brick of cheese and shred yourself (plus it's a little cheaper too!). Something about the anti-caking agent that is put on preshredded cheese takes a way from the creaminess and smoothness.
*For a different flavor take on this cheeseball, try adding crushed pineapple and chopped ham. Add 1 8oz. drained can crushed pineapple and 1/2 c. chopped cooked ham after mixing the cream cheese for smoothness. Add all additional ingredients as recipe lists.
Thanks for checking out this recipe!
It may turn into your new go-to party appetizer!
From my kitchen to yours,
Did you know I have my own online shop? Check it out HERE!