Once you know how to make a cheese ball, you’re ready for any occasion that calls for a quick and easy appetizer.
This easy party recipe is one I’ve come to rely on a lot.
I almost always have the ingredients on hand and it takes minimal effort to put it together.
Everyone seems to love it… and no one suspects it was a last-minute go-to!
Let’s Give This Cheese Ball Even More Flavor!
It’s a delicious appetizer recipe on its own.
But, it’s also a great basic when you want to kick it up a bit.
My favorite way to do that is by adding some ham and pineapple. A little sweet. A little smoky.
Here’s another idea-add cooked bacon and chopped jalapenos.
I’ve also added cooked chicken and used Frank’s Hot Sauce for a buffalo wings-inspired crowd-pleaser.
BTW, if you love that buffalo chicken taste, be sure to check out my lightened-up version! Click HERE to check it out!
However you mix it up, I know you’ll love this easy recipe!
And be sure to check out my easy appetizer blog for more great party ideas!
Easy Party Cheese Ball
This is an absolute party classic. What I love about this recipe is also how versatile it is.
Be sure to check out the notes below the recipe for tips on how to make this into a ham and pineapple cheeseball for a tropical twist!
- 2 8oz. packs cream cheese, room temperature ( I often use 1 regular and 1- 1/3 less fat).
- 2 cups shredded extra sharp cheddar cheese (*see note below)
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 2 tsp. worcestershire sauce
- 1 tsp. tabasco sauce
- 2 tsp. dried parsley flakes
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp. oregano
- 3/4 c. chopped pecans
- Place cream cheese in a mixing bowl. Using a hand or stand mixer, mix together until smooth.
- Add cheese, green onion, Worcestershire sauce, hot sauce, parsley, garlic powder, oregano and mix well to combine.
- Use a rubber spatula and scrape the sides of the bowl. Gather the mixture into one lump.
- Place cream cheese ball on a sheet of plastic wrap. Bring the sides of the wrap up to the top and use this to shape mixture into a ball. Twist the plastic wrap at the top so the wrap is secure around the ball and place into the refrigerator for at least 2 hours so that ball can become firm and flavors start to come together.
- Prior to serving, place chopped pecans on a plate. Remove cheeseball from refrigerator and unwrap. Place ball on plate and use your hands to press pecans into the cheeseball to completely cover.
- Serve, or rewrap cheeseball until ready to serve. Allow cheeseball to sit out for about 20 minutes before serving. I recommend using a small cheese knife or spreader with this as crackers will break if dipped into the ball.
*I know how convenient preshredded cheese is to have on hand. However, this recipe is really best if you buy an 8 oz. brick of cheese and shred yourself (plus it's a little cheaper too!). Something about the anti-caking agent that is put on preshredded cheese takes a way from the creaminess and smoothness.
*For a different flavor take on this cheeseball, try adding crushed pineapple and chopped ham. Add 1 8oz. drained can crushed pineapple and 1/2 c. chopped cooked ham after mixing the cream cheese for smoothness. Add all additional ingredients as recipe lists.
Thanks for checking out this recipe!
It may turn into your new go-to party appetizer!
From my kitchen to yours,
Did you know I have my own online shop? Check it out HERE!