But if you’re not in the mood to drink, you shouldn’t have to miss out on the fun!
If you’re hosting, it’s always a good idea to have something on hand that doesn’t include alcohol. And this summer, instead of buying the bulk pack of soda from the store, whip up a mocktail to impress all of your guests (and leave them asking for your secret recipe!).
I did some experimentation with tasty warm-weather drinks and I wanted to give them a share. You’ll see some classics along with a special “Just Jill” drink that may become your new fav!
Refreshing and Simple Paloma
It seems as though the Paloma is the new black when it comes to summer cocktails. And I can understand why!
There’s something so refreshing about tangy, citrusy grapefruit when the weather is warm.
However, the alcohol used in a Paloma is tequila… and let’s just say I had a falling out with tequila many moons ago. We haven’t spoken since.
So, this is the only way I’ve ever enjoyed a Paloma, and I hope you like it as much as I do!
- 4 ounces Diet Ruby Red Cocktail Juice (I use Ocean Spray)
- Juice squeezed from 1 lime
- Seltzer. I use grapefruit seltzer by Polar, but you can use plain or lime depending on the flavor you like the most.
- Add grapefruit juice and lime to a glass. Add ice and top with seltzer. How delicious (and simple) is that??
The “Just Jill”
If there’s one thing I’ve learned from the many recipes I’ve shared with all of you, it’s that there’s an audience for anything blueberry and lemon.
And that’s what inspired this mocktail. YOU!
If I had simply put lemon and blueberry together, it would have been another version of lemonade. But I wanted to make it a little bit more.
So, I added my favorite flavor. Vanilla!
The sweetness from the vanilla. The tang from the lemon. The juiciness from the berry. It’s JUST ENJOYABLE! Cheers!
- 1 heaping tablespoon of blueberry preserves
- Freshly squeezed juice from 1 lemon
- 1 capful of Torani sugar-free vanilla syrup
- Vanilla Seltzer by Polar (plain or lemon works too)
- Add blueberry preserves to your glass, followed by fresh lemon juice and vanilla syrup. Add ice.
- Finish off with vanilla seltzer. Add a skewer of fresh blueberries for garnish!
Strawberry Peach Daiquiri
Who says you have to have to be basking on a beach to enjoy a nice frozen drink?
Let this virgin strawberry peach daiquiri change your mind!
Daiquiris come in all shapes and sizes… strawberry, lime, you name it. But in order to give it a summer twist, I decided to go the tropical route and combine strawberries, peaches and lemon.
Oh, and if you needed another reason to try this recipe—each glass has around two servings of fruit! Something tells me doc would be proud 🙂
- 2 cups frozen strawberries
- 2 cups frozen peaches
- 1-2 tablespoons sugar or sugar substitute
- 2 cups 7-Up or Sprite (Diet works fine too!)
- Juice from 1/2 lemon
- In a blender, add strawberries, peaches, sugar and lemon juice.
- Then, add your 7-Up or Sprite (do this after so that the fruit doesn’t splash in the soda).
- Blend on high for 15-20 seconds. Pour into 2 glasses and enjoy!
I can’t wait for you to try one of my favorite mocktails (or all three!).
From my kitchen to yours,
Did you know I have my own online shop? Check it out HERE!
favorite mocktails, favorite mocktails