When I’m at a restaurant and I see shrimp scampi on the menu, I can’t help but get excited.
It’s a dish you can’t go wrong with and if you ask me, it’s pretty universally liked as well!
But NO scampi!
Well, now that’s going to change because I created a super simple (and oh, so flavorful) quick and easy shrimp scampi for you to try.
If you're in need of an easy weeknight meal, this shrimp scampi is for you! Filled with flavors of garlic, lemon, and more, it's a dish you won't be able to resist.
- 2 Tbsp. butter
- 2 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 3 cloves minced garlic
- 1/2 c. dry white wine (I use sauvignon blanc or pinot grigio)
- 1/2 tsp. kosher salt
- 1/8 tsp. red pepper flakes
- Fresh ground pepper to taste
- 1 to 1 1/2 lbs. medium shrimp, raw, shelled, deveined
- 1/4 c. chopped fresh flat leaf parsley
- Lemon juice from 1/2 a fresh lemon (can just squeeze over shrimp when time)
- Warm cooked pasta or crusty french bread for dipping in sauce
- Heat the butter and olive oil in a large pan over medium heat until the butter melts.
- Add garlic and saute for 1 minute.
- Add wine, salt, and pepper. Bring to a simmer and allow to reduce to about half... this will only take a couple of minutes.
- Add shrimp and cook until they just turn pink. About 3 minutes.
- Remove from the heat, add parsley and lemon juice. Stir together and serve!
I don’t know about you… but I’m getting ready to head to the store for the ingredients!
It’s truly such a tasty dish and I hope that this quick and easy shrimp scampi can become one of your go-to family meals.
From my kitchen to yours,