You’ve served up salsa and maybe even guac and queso… but have you ever tried sausage cheese dip?
It’s made with turkey sausage crumbles that give it a hearty base. And the green chiles add just a touch of heat! But not too much 🙂
Finished off with a combination of cream cheese and sharp cheddar, this is one of those dishes that might get devoured before the party actually begins!
Here’s a video of me making up a batch in my own kitchen!
So whether you’re watching the big game or you need to bring an app to a family party, a taste of this sausage cheese dip will have everyone asking for the recipe.
Sausage Cheese Dip
However you serve this dip, it's great to have in your appetizer collection!
- 1 (8 oz) block 1/3 less fat cream cheese
- 1 package Jimmy Dean Turkey Sausage Crumbles
- 1 can Rotel brand tomatoes and green chiles, undrained
- 3/4 cup reduced fat sharp cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a medium sized saucepan over medium heat, combine all ingredients. Stir gently until cream cheese and cheddar cheese melt.
- Transfer mixture to 1 quart baking dish.
- Top with some extra shredded cheese if desired.
- Bake for about 15 minutes, until bubbly.
- Broil for a minute or two if you want cheese on top to brown slightly.
- Serve warm with tortilla chips or cut up veggies.
You know me… I’m all about simplicity! And what makes this dip so great is that it’s made with super simple and inexpensive ingredients. Ones you might already have in your home.
So if you need to double your batch, it won’t be difficult.
It’s also great for little jalapeño poppers. Just make sure to scrape out all of the pepper seeds before filling them with the dip!
Related: Low-Carb Buffalo Chicken Bake
Oh, and did I mention this recipe is “lightened-up” a bit? Yep!
Thanks to the reduced-fat cream cheese, reduced-fat sharp cheddar, and turkey sausage crumbles (instead of regular sausage crumbles), it’s a tad healthier but JUST as tasty!
From my kitchen to yours,