I know instant hot chocolate is convenient… but when you really want to treat yourself, take a few extra minutes to make it up the old fashioned way with this steel pot hot chocolate. You won’t be disappointed!
Yield: 4-6 servings
Steel Pot Hot Chocolate
Cook Time: 3 minutes
Total Time: 3 minutes
I know instant hot chocolate is convenient…but when you really want to treat yourself, take a few extra minutes to make it up the old fashioned way. You won’t be disappointed!
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- Pinch of salt
- 1/3 cup hot water
- 4 cups milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Whisk together the sugar, cocoa, and salt in a small bowl.
- Add the mixture to the hot water in to a saucepan.
- Cook over medium heat until the mixture boils. Continuing boiling for 3 minutes and then stir in the milk.
- Remove the pan from the heat and add the vanilla.