This is a really easy cookie recipe to whip up when you’re craving a homemade treat. The added bonus is you don’t have to turn on the oven, and you usually have these ingredients in your pantry!
No Bake Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Peanut Butter Cookies
1/4 cup butter
1 and 1/2 cups sugar
1/2 cup milk
1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
2/3 cup peanut butter (creamy or chunky)
1 Tablespoon pure vanilla extract
3 cups oats (you can use old fashioned or quick)
1/8 teaspoon salt
- Line cookie sheets with parchment or silicone mats. Set aside.
- Over medium heat, Combine the butter, sugar, milk, and cocoa powder together in a medium saucepan. Whisk until the butter melts, then bring to a simmer. Stop stirring and allow mixture to simmer for a minute or so. Keep your eye on the heat, you don’t want it to boil. Remove from heat, then immediately stir in the peanut butter and vanilla extract until completely combined. Stir in the oats and salt.
- I like to let the mixture sit for a few minutes so that the oats can absorb more of the chocolatey goodness!
- Using a spoon or scoop, drop a Tablespoon of dough onto the lined baking sheets.
- I think the best way to get these cookies to set is by putting in the refrigerator for about an hour. You can let them set up on their own on the counter, but if it’s a hot day, they never really get there. So, I say, refrigerate and enjoy! These will keep in the refrigerator for about a week. Store in a covered container. These can also be frozen for up to 3 months. Thaw before serving.