This is a really easy cookie recipe to whip up when you’re craving a homemade treat. The added bonus is you don’t have to turn on the oven, and you usually have these ingredients in your pantry!
Simple pantry ingredients like oatmeal, peanut butter and sugar combine make a delicious drop cookie.
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 & 1/2 cups of sugar
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2/3 cup peanut butter
- 1 tbsp pure vanilla extract
- 3 cups oats
- 1/8 tsp salt
- Line cookie sheets with parchment or silicone mats. Set aside.
- Over medium heat, combine the butter, sugar, milk, and cocoa powder together in a medium saucepan. Whisk until the butter melts, then bring to a simmer. Stop stirring and allow mixture to simmer for a minute or so. Don’t let it boil.
- Remove from heat, then immediately stir in the peanut butter and vanilla extract until completely combined. Stir in the oats and salt.
- Using a spoon or scoop, drop a Tablespoon of dough onto the lined baking sheets.
- Put in the refrigerator for about an hour. These will keep in the refrigerator for about a week. Store in a covered container. These can also be frozen for up to 3 months. Thaw before serving.