I’ve loved baking since I was a little girl. When I started to graduate from the easy bake oven to the real oven, this was one of the first cakes I learned to make with my Mom.
I was always so proud when we would attend an event where we brought a dessert and I could proclaim “I made this!.” The cheesecake ribbon through the cake takes your everyday chocolate cake to the next level! Enjoyable!
The cheesecake ribbon through the cake takes your everyday chocolate cake to the next level! Enjoyable!!
- 1 box chocolate cake mix
- 4 eggs
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup water
- 8 oz cream cheese, room temperature
- 2 Tbsp butter
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 Tbsp milk
- 1 Tbsp cornstarch
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 Tbsp unsalted butter
- 3/4 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 6 Tbsp heavy cream
- 1 & 1/4 cup confectioners’ sugar (or more if needed)
- 1 tsp vanilla
- Preheat the oven to 350°.
- Mix the cake mix, 3 eggs, oil, and water together. In a separate bowl, cream together the cream cheese, butter and sugar. Add the remaining egg, milk, cornstarch, and vanilla. Mix well.
- Pour half of the cake batter into a 13” x 9” pan.
- Spread the cream cheese filling on top of that and then add the rest of the cake batter.
- Bake 45-50 minutes.
- Let the cake cool.
- To make the chocolate frosting, place the butter, chocolate chips, heavy cream, confectioners’ sugar, and vanilla in a medium-size saucepan.
- Cook over low heat and whisk until smooth.
- Cool slightly, adding more sugar if necessary to achieve a spreading consistency.
- Ice the cake while the frosting is still warm.
Now, you have a rich and decadent dessert to make for any get-together. And if you ask me, this chocolate cream cheese ribbon cake will become one of your go-to recipes!
From my home to yours,