I’m going to assume you’ve eaten tacos. But have you tried deep-dish taco squares? They’re as good as they sound. Not to mention, SO very easy to make!
I thought it would be fitting to share this recipe with you today because, after all, it’s Cinco de Mayo!
The variety of flavors and the simplicity of these deep-dish taco squares is enough of an excuse to make them. But if you’re wanting to celebrate Cinco de Mayo, it gives you another reason NOT to pass it up!
See those layers of melty cheese and ground beef? My mouth is watering all over again…
I made it for my family a couple of nights ago and by the look of the polished-off baking dish, it was a hit!
Here’s the recipe so you can see what I’m talking about.
Deep-Dish Taco Squares
All of your favorite taco flavors bake together in this easy family favorite.
- 1 lb. pound ground beef
- 1/2 small onion, chopped
- 1 tsp. kosher salt
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp. ground black pepper
- 1 cup Bisquick pancake mix
- 1/4 cup cold water
- 1 to 2 medium tomatoes, diced small
- 1/2 cup diced green peppers
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 1 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 tablespoon chopped onion
- Preheat oven to 375. Lightly grease an 8x8x2 pan.
- In a skillet, add onions, beef, salt, pepper and garlic powder. Brown the meat thoroughly then remove it from the heat and drain the excess liquid.
- In a bowl, mix water with Bisquick until soft dough forms. Pat the dough in a greased 8 x 8 x 2 pan. Make sure to press the dough 1/2-inch up the sides.
- Layer beef, tomatoes and pepper over the dough.
- In a small bowl, mix sour cream, mayonnaise, cheese and chopped onion. Spoon the mixture on top of the layered beef, tomatoes and peppers. Gently spread across with the back of a spoon.
- Sprinkle the dish with paprika if desired and bake at 375ºfor 25-30 minutes.
- Let sit for a few minutes before cutting into squares and serving. I like to garnish with an avocado slice.
You'll know the dish is done baking when the edge of the dough is light brown!
Want some more ideas for dinner at home? Check out some of my favs below!
- Crockpot Shredded Chicken
- Southwest Rice Bake
- Super Simple Hamburger Casserole
- Hearty and Crunchy Taco Pie
- Slow Cooker Three-Bean Chili
From my kitchen to yours,
Did you know I have my own online shop? Check it out HERE!