There’s this common idea that pineapple is only meant for the hot days of summer. But if you were to step into my home, you’d find pineapple dishes year-round!
I know you’ve heard of pineapple upside-down cake and grilled pineapple, but have you heard of pineapple bake?
Related: At-Home Brunch Recipes for Easter
Maybe not. But this recipe is a forever favorite in my household.
It’s actually a recipe from my husband’s family and one they always serve during the holidays. It’s the perfect side dish to savory ham!
And I’ll tell you what. Since the day I first tried it, I can’t imagine a Thanksgiving or Christmas without it on the table.
What I love most about this one is that it only requires five ingredients. Better yet, they are ones you might have laying around the house! Butter, eggs, white bread… see?
I also appreciate that it’s super versatile and simple to make. As mentioned, I love enjoying it during the holidays. However, with the warm-weather season quickly approaching, you might want to bake it up this weekend!
This pineapple bake is a hit in my household. We enjoy it during the holidays, during breakfast and even as dessert! But my personal favorite way to enjoy is as a side dish for ham. You have to try it!
- 1 cup butter
- 2 cups sugar
- 8 eggs
- 10 slices white bread, cubed
- 2 (20 oz) cans crushed pineapple, with juice
- Preheat the oven to 350°.
- Lightly butter an 9″ x 13″ or 3-qt casserole dish.
- Cream the butter and sugar together by hand or with a stand mixer. Add the eggs in one at a time. Use a spatula to fold in the bread and pineapple (plus the juice). Stir the mixture gently until just incorporated and then pour the mixture into the prepared casserole dish.
- Bake for 1 hour until it is light brown and bubbly.
- Let the casserole cool for about 20 minutes before serving.
So there you go! A quick, sweet and crowd-pleasing dish you can whip up in just about an hour. Sounds like a winner to me.
Did I mention you can also make this Pineapple Bake for brunch? Or even dessert? The options are really endless… it’s just too good!
From my kitchen to yours,