If I could whip up a fancy 3-course breakfast every morning, I would. But finding the time to have a decent breakfast even once a week can feel overwhelming.
Related: Loaded Breakfast Casserole Recipe
Mornings get busy. Things don’t go as planned. And I find myself running out of the house with a breakfast bar in my purse more than I’d like to admit.
But the truth is, not all proper morning meals require a lot of time and ingredients. Sometimes, they’re super simple to make and still taste like they came from a nice bed and breakfast!
One of those meals? My easy ham and cheese crustless quiche.
Let me show you just how easy it is!
This quick and easy crustless quiche is perfect for any busy morning or night. Just throw in some fruit on the side and you'll have a meal ready to go.
- Cooking spray
- 3/4 cup cubed ham or turkey ham
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/8 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 3/4 cup shredded Swiss cheese, divided
- 1 cup fresh baby spinach leaves
- 1 cup fat-free cottage cheese
- 1/2 cup evaporated fat-free milk
- 1/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 large eggs
- 2 large egg whites
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Coat the pan with cooking spray. Add the ham, onion, and pepper and sauté until the ham is lightly browned.
- Sprinkle 1/4 cup shredded Swiss cheese in a 9" pie plate coated with cooking spray. Top the cheese with the ham mixture.
- Combine the remaining 1/2 cup Swiss cheese, spinach, and the next 5 ingredients (through the egg whites) in a large bowl; stir with a whisk.
- Whisk together the flour and baking powder in a small bowl. Add the flour mixture to the egg mixture and whisk until blended. Pour the egg mixture over the ham mixture.
- Bake for 45 minutes, or until a knife inserted in center of the quiche comes out clean.
In addition to this recipe being over-the-top delicious, it’s actually pretty healthy too.
Because it doesn’t have the crust that you’ll find on most quiche recipes, it’s low-carb. And because it’s packed with eggs and ham, the protein will fill you up and keep you full until your next meal!
It’s also one you can make ahead of time if you have a busy week.
Considering making this ham and cheese crustless quiche for a potluck brunch? You can also bring some of my other breakfast recipes here:
- Banana and Peanut Butter Breakfast Cookies
- Chili Cheese Egg Bake
- Busy Morning Cinnamon Crescents
- Easy and Delicious Low-Fat Blueberry Muffins
- Easy Cheesy Bacon Broccoli Quiche
Thanks for reading and I hope you’ll give this NEW recipe a try!
From my kitchen to yours,
Did you know I have my own online shop? Check it out HERE!