Who knew there is such a thing as 5 ingredient Key Lime Pie!
Well, leave it to my Grandma to know!
One of my favorite treasures is an old wooden recipe box that belonged to my grandmother. I can sit and reread those recipe cards over and over, filled with delight as I see her handwriting and remembering how much I enjoyed cooking with her in the kitchen.
I stumbled across this recipe in her collection and I couldn’t believe how easy it seemed. Only 5 ingredients and no bake? I’m in!
The best surprise was the decadence of this dessert. A little goes a long way, but your tastebuds will thank you.
Who knew there is such a thing as 5 ingredient Key Lime Pie?
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 1 (12 oz) bag vanilla/white chocolate chips
- 1 tbsp sour cream
- 1/2 & 1 tsp lime zest (or more, to taste)
- 1/3 cup bottled key lime juice
- 9” ready-made graham cracker crust or premade mini graham crusts
- Fresh raspberries (optional garnish)
- Lime slices (optional garnish)
- Whipped cream (optional garnish)
- Put the cream and chips in a small saucepan and melt down the morsels over low heat. (Make sure to keep heat low, so you don’t scald the cream or burn the chips.) This will take about 5 minutes. I like to use a whisk to make sure mixture is smooth.
- Remove the pan from the heat and stir in the remaining ingredients. Whisk ingredients together.
- Pour the mixture into the crust and refrigerate the pie for at least 8 hours, or overnight. If you’re using the mini crusts, this will make 8. The pack is usually 6, so I’ll make the 6 and then make “crustless” for the other two. It’s more like a key lime custard dessert…still so good!
- Garnish the pie with the fresh raspberries, lime slices, or whipped cream.
Here’s how I make the crustless version of this 5 ingredient key lime pie with the leftover filling when I’m making the minis. Tart, sweet and creamy all at the same time!
If you like to make no bake dessert recipes, be sure to check out my Grandma’s Cream Cheese Cherry Delight recipe. Tastes so good on a hot day and is always a favorite!
Let me know in the comments section if you give this recipe a try! I always love your feedback.
From my kitchen to yours,