I love a good, warm, cheesy dip as an appetizer. If it’s easy to prepare, that makes it even better! This Touchdown Chili Dip is a total crowdpleaser, it takes minutes to prepare, and scores big time on the flavor meter. I’ve always loved it as a tailgating treat during football season, but really, it’s delicious any time of the year.
This Touchdown Chili Dip is a total crowdpleaser, it takes minutes to prepare, and scores big time on the flavor meter.
- 2 cans Hormel Chili with beans
- 2 (8-oz) bars cream cheese
- 2 Roma tomatoes, diced
- 1/4 cup jalapeño, finely chopped (if using fresh, make sure to get rid of seeds)
- 1 (8-oz) bag shredded Mexican-blend cheese
- Tortilla chips, for serving
- Preheat the oven to 350°.
- Place the chili in an 11” x 8” dish.
- Cut each bar of cream cheese into 4 equal sized pieces. Flatten each piece in your hand, like a pancake, and then place them on top of the chili, making sure to cover it completely.
- Spread the tomatoes and the jalapeños over the cream cheese.
- Cover everything with the shredded cheese.
- Bake for about 25 minutes, or until the shredded cheese is bubbly and starting to brown.
- Let the dip cool for about 10 minutes then serve with your favorite tortilla chips.