I love a good, warm, cheesy dip as an appetizer.
Truth is I love all appetizers… but the cheesier it is the faster it will disappear!
And if an app is easy to prepare, it makes it even better. Agree?
What I love about this touchdown chili dip is that it’s all of the above… cheesy, tasty and super simple to make. Great for football games or any gathering!
Curious to see why I rave about it? Check out the recipe below and let me know what you think!
Trust me when I say it scores BIG TIME on the flavor meter.
This Touchdown Chili Dip is a total crowdpleaser, it takes minutes to prepare, and scores big time on the flavor meter.
- 1 can chili with beans
- 2 (8-oz) bars cream cheese
- 2 Roma tomatoes, diced
- 1/4 cup jalapeño, finely chopped (if using fresh, make sure to get rid of seeds)
- 1 (8-oz) bag shredded Mexican-blend cheese
- Tortilla chips, for serving
- Preheat the oven to 350°.
- Place the chili in an 11” x 8” dish.
- Cut each bar of cream cheese into 4 equal sized pieces. Flatten each piece in your hand, like a pancake, and then place them on top of the chili, making sure to cover it completely.
- Spread the tomatoes and the jalapeños over the cream cheese.
- Cover everything with the shredded cheese.
- Bake for about 25 minutes, or until the shredded cheese is bubbly and starting to brown.
- Let the dip cool for about 10 minutes then serve with your favorite tortilla chips.
Freezing Instructions: Prep the dish according to the instructions but leave out the cheese topping (for now). Cover the dip with aluminum foil and place it in the freezer. When you’re ready to serve it, pull it out of the freezer and let it thaw in the fridge overnight. Then, preheat your oven to 350º F, top it with the cheese and bake according to the instructions.
I’ve always enjoyed preparing this dip as a tailgating treat during football season. But if you ask me, it’s delicious any time of the year!
And while it’s fantastic with chips, you can also serve it with veggies for a lighter party appetizer.
From my kitchen to yours,
Find more of my favorite appetizers and game-day treats below:
- 5 Quick and Easy Nacho Ideas
- Spinach Balls
- Low-Carb Buffalo Chicken Bake
- Sausage Cheese Dip
- How to Make Savory and Zesty Ranch Crackers
- Delicious Snack Mixes I Love to Make
Did you know I have my own online shop? Check it out HERE!
A. But. A. But. A. But. A. But. A. But. A. But. A. But. A. But. A. But. A. But. A. But. A. But. A. But. A. But. A. But. A. But. A. But. A. But. A. But. A. But. A. But. A. But.